In 2016 I had need of legal representation to provide guidance and direction during a separation negotiation with my employer, an employer that I had had a long and relatively successful career with. My situation was, I believe, somewhat unique due to the nature of agreements in place; however, Ellen was extremely helpful in working through the issues to highlight the key priorities, placing them in the appropriate legal frame of reference and assisting to develop a strategy to deal with them in the negotiations with the employer. The result was a negotiated settlement that was amicable and yet, in my opinion, fair both to me and the employer. Throughout the discussions and the process I found Ellen to be pragmatic and provide very good counsel. I found her discussions of the options were balanced and always discussed both the pros and the cons to each approach. The result was a timely settlement without, in my opinion, undue cost to either party. I would highly recommend Ellen to anyone that finds themselves in a situation of dispute with their current or former employer and requires solid, legal representation and advice
Why Clients Choose Us
- Nationally recognized in 2020 and 2018 as one of Canada’s Top 10 Employment & Labour Law Firms, by Canadian Lawyer Magazine
- Lawyers are recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Lexpert, which is the largest annual survey of leading lawyers in Canada and an acknowledgment of excellence voted on by peers.
- Far more positive Google reviews and recommendations from past clients than any other Employment and Labour Law Firm in Canada
- Can a Request For More Medical Information in The Workplace be Regarded as Discrimination?
- Travel Restrictions: COVID-19 Update For Employees
- Employers Now Required to Screen Employees For COVID-19 Symptoms Before Each Workday or Shift
- The Hospitality Industry During COVID-19: Reopening The Economy
- Changes to Employment Insurance (EI) Maternity and Parental Benefits