I was recently in need of a highly experienced employment lawyer to help me with a very challenging, sensitive and complex contract matter. I was referred to David Whitten by another highly experienced labour lawyer who is a friend and was in conflict with the matter. After a quick intro call with David he immediately had me meet with him in person to go through the challenges I had with my employment contract execution. In our first meeting, David took the necessary time to listen and ask the right questions to help better access the situation. By the end of the meeting, he was able to define a much better path forward to affect a resolution that both addressed my concerns and was fair. Throughout the entire journey, David was a true professional, firm and very consistent. He always made me feel like my matter was the top priority in getting resolved which he achieved. He was able to negotiate a great end result from a very challenging and complex situation and it was done in a timely fashion. Excellent negotiation skills! I have worked in the auto manufacturing sector as a senior executive for many years and have had the opportunity to work with some great employment lawyers. If I had to measure David, I would put him at the top of the class and highly recommend him on any employment legal matter especially if you need a tiger to get it done. Outstanding work David and thank you, Jamie, for the recommendation. Terry Campbell
Why Clients Choose Us
- Nationally recognized in 2020 and 2018 as one of Canada’s Top 10 Employment & Labour Law Firms, by Canadian Lawyer Magazine
- Lawyers are recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Lexpert, which is the largest annual survey of leading lawyers in Canada and an acknowledgment of excellence voted on by peers.
- Far more positive Google reviews and recommendations from past clients than any other Employment and Labour Law Firm in Canada
- Can a Request For More Medical Information in The Workplace be Regarded as Discrimination?
- Travel Restrictions: COVID-19 Update For Employees
- Employers Now Required to Screen Employees For COVID-19 Symptoms Before Each Workday or Shift
- The Hospitality Industry During COVID-19: Reopening The Economy
- Changes to Employment Insurance (EI) Maternity and Parental Benefits