I was let go from a large American company and unhappy with the package I received. I met with two lawyers at different employment law firms in Toronto. One was Daniel Lublin a partner at Whitten & Lublin. Daniel identified an opportunity that the first lawyer did not. Something about my employment contract and a recent change in the law meant that my ex-employer was required to pay me much more than they offered, regardless if I found other work. This argument proved successful. Daniel was able to negotiate for a tangible improvement above what I expected to received. His fees were defined by a percentage of that improvement, which was something we agreed to at the outset – so there were no surprises. Daniel was even able to recover some of the legal costs from my ex-employer. If you need a workplace lawyer that gets it, call Whitten & Lublin.
Why Clients Choose Us
- Nationally recognized in 2020 and 2018 as one of Canada’s Top 10 Employment & Labour Law Firms, by Canadian Lawyer Magazine
- Lawyers are recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Lexpert, which is the largest annual survey of leading lawyers in Canada and an acknowledgment of excellence voted on by peers.
- Far more positive Google reviews and recommendations from past clients than any other Employment and Labour Law Firm in Canada
- Can a Request For More Medical Information in The Workplace be Regarded as Discrimination?
- Travel Restrictions: COVID-19 Update For Employees
- Employers Now Required to Screen Employees For COVID-19 Symptoms Before Each Workday or Shift
- The Hospitality Industry During COVID-19: Reopening The Economy
- Changes to Employment Insurance (EI) Maternity and Parental Benefits