Previous to signing onto a new job, I had a friend and lawyer review my new agreement. He brought up some general considerations and a few recommendations. The most valuable piece of advice he gave me was to meet with a lawyer that specialized in employment. He recommended Ellen Low. Meeting with Ellen was the best professional decision of my life to date. Ellen is incredible professional, thorough, had a many recommendation regarding the existing (and outdated contract), but also counselled me on points for negotiation. The 2 hour meeting with Ellen amounted to a 35% increase in pay during negotiations in-which both parties were happy. Also, all of Ellen‘s contract suggestions have now been taken and applied to the previously outdated contracts for all new employee at the company. Great advice and counsel from Ellen was the best return on investment I could have hoped for. Thank you Ellen!
Why Clients Choose Us
- Nationally recognized in 2020 and 2018 as one of Canada’s Top 10 Employment & Labour Law Firms, by Canadian Lawyer Magazine
- Lawyers are recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Lexpert, which is the largest annual survey of leading lawyers in Canada and an acknowledgment of excellence voted on by peers.
- Far more positive Google reviews and recommendations from past clients than any other Employment and Labour Law Firm in Canada
- Can a Request For More Medical Information in The Workplace be Regarded as Discrimination?
- Travel Restrictions: COVID-19 Update For Employees
- Employers Now Required to Screen Employees For COVID-19 Symptoms Before Each Workday or Shift
- The Hospitality Industry During COVID-19: Reopening The Economy
- Changes to Employment Insurance (EI) Maternity and Parental Benefits