Mr. Beck was successful in asserting his claim that the bank had discriminated him on the bases of age. His case would likely not have gathered steam had he not seen his ex-employer's job posting while trying to mitigate his loses. The posting cited the company was "seeking younger, entrepreneurial profile (not a headline profile rainmaker)". In May 2008, when Beck was terminated by the bank, he was 42 years old.
Why Clients Choose Us
- Nationally recognized in 2020 and 2018 as one of Canada’s Top 10 Employment & Labour Law Firms, by Canadian Lawyer Magazine
- Lawyers are recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Lexpert, which is the largest annual survey of leading lawyers in Canada and an acknowledgment of excellence voted on by peers.
- Far more positive Google reviews and recommendations from past clients than any other Employment and Labour Law Firm in Canada
- Right to Disconnect and a Rule Against Non-Compete Agreements
- When it comes to vaccine mandates, how do unionized workers differ from non-unionized?
- Non-compete Clause – Working for Workers Act, 2021
- The Ontario Working for Workers Act, 2021: Right to Disconnect
- BC’s Goodberry Restaurant Group Fired Server: Paid $30,000 in Damages