Bill 148 Compliance
Significant Changes to the Employment Standards Act (Bill 148)
The government recently announced major changes to the Employment Standards Act, 2000 (“Bill 148”), affecting most workplaces in Ontario. Employers must meet and implement new requirements regarding increased minimum wage, vacation time/pay, work scheduling rules and various job-protected absences from work for employees.
Preparing for these changes will require employers to carefully review and update their workplace policies, including employment contracts, payroll practices and scheduling procedures, to ensure that they meet their new obligations. Failing to comply with the new legislation will lead to significant liability, including penalties imposed by the Ontario, Ministry of Labour.
How we can help
If you are interested in learning more about the various changes to workplace law in Ontario prescribed by Bill 148, please contact our office. Our experienced employment lawyers in Ontario will ensure that you are brought up to speed on the new employment standards, including helping you to:
- understand and implement the new employment standards in your workplace under Bill 148;
- review and prepare employment contracts;
- review policies to ensure compliance with changes to vacation pay, overtime pay, public holiday, work scheduling and leaves of absence; and speaking at seminars and workshops.
We are a result-oriented law firm, and we work intelligently and hard to serve our clients’ interests from their initial consultation through to the end of their legal matter. To book a consultation please contact us online or by phone at (866) 575-3055 or (647) 696-9716 today!
Why Client Choose Us?
- Nationally recognized in 2018 as one of Canada's Top 10 Employment & Labour Law Firms, by Canadian Lawyer Magazine
- Lawyers are recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Lexpert, which is the largest annual survey of leading lawyers in Canada and an acknowledgment of excellence voted on by peers.
- Far more positive Google reviews and recommendations from past clients than any other Employment and Labour Law Firm in Canada