Privacy Issues & Rights at The Workplace
Employer For Privacy Issues & Rights at The Workplace
The Canadian workplace presents many potential privacy issues. Consider these questions:
- Are your work computer and the contents contained within your personal files or do they belong to your employer?
- Does your employer have a legal right to monitor your activity with or without your knowledge?
- How may personal content that you post on social media impact your employment?
- As an employer, what legal rights do you have to terminate an employee based on off-duty behavior that you have seen publicized on social media?
Our leading lawyers can help you address privacy issues in the workplace
We have helped employers and employees understand how privacy in the workplace can affect employment and we can provide expert legal counsel pertaining to:
- Privacy rights in the workplace;
- Public and private sector legislation governing privacy;
- Legal rights regarding collection and use of personal information;
- Types of information an employer can legally gather and disclose; and
- Penalties for violating Canadian privacy laws.
Don’t leave your privacy issues case to chance. Consult with an employment lawyer with expertise at Whitten & Lublin Employment & Labour Lawyers. To book a consultation please contact us online or by phone at (866) 658-6811 or (416) 640-2667 today!
Why Clients Choose Us?
- Nationally recognized in 2020 & 2018 as one of Canada's Top 10 Employment & Labour Law Firms, by Canadian Lawyer Magazine
- Lawyers are recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Lexpert, which is the largest annual survey of leading lawyers in Canada and an acknowledgment of excellence voted on by peers.
- One of the most positively reviewed and recommend Employment and Labour Law Firm in Canada, based on Google reviews from past and present clients