Ministry of Labour Complaints

Ministry of Labour Complaints

Generally, each province has a statutory complaint mechanism available for claims where an employer has contravened the applicable employment standards legislation. In Ontario, the Ministry of Labour enforces the Ontario Employment Standards Act, 2000. Employees are free to file their grievances with the Ministry of Labour Complaints department about any alleged violation of the Act, including, but not limited to:

  • Failure to pay termination and severance pay;
  • Reinstatement after a leave of absence;
  • Overtime pay;
  • Vacation pay;
  • Hours of work and eating periods;
  • Payment of wages;
  • Reprisals; and
  • Public holidays.

Get it right – consult with Whitten & Lublin Employment & Labour Lawyers in regards to your Ministry of Labour complaints 

Depending on the type of claim being made, there is a limit on how much money can be recovered through the Ministry of Labour. For example, there is a cap on termination and/or severance pay, but there is no maximum award for violations of the parental or maternity leave provisions of the legislation.

Determining where to bring a certain complaint or legal claim requires assistance. Don’t leave your case to chance.

To better understand your entitlements and explore the viability of your Ministry of Labour complaints claim, we encourage employees to seek legal advice. If you’re looking for employment lawyers and would like more information about what Whitten & Lublin can do for you, please contact us online or by phone at (647) 946-1278 today!

Do you need workplace legal advice?

Whitten & Lublin Employment and Labour Lawyers is a nationally recognized team, assisting employees in all aspects of workplace legal disputes. Don’t take a chance with your case. Consult the law firm with a team of proficient employment and labour law lawyers.

Whitten & Lublin Toronto Employment Lawyers

Toronto & GTA: (647) 946-1276

Consult With Us