Is it illegal for an employer to refuse to pay severance and under which circumstances can they do this? What legal avenues are available and when do you need to consult with an expert? In his latest Globe and Mail video of a series, Daniel Lublin, Toronto Employment Lawyer explains when severance can be refused and which legal forum is best for each case. When can my company refuse to pay me severance? video can be watched in the Globe and Mail’s Career section.
Why Clients Choose Us
- Nationally recognized in 2020 and 2018 as one of Canada’s Top 10 Employment & Labour Law Firms, by Canadian Lawyer Magazine
- Lawyers are recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Lexpert, which is the largest annual survey of leading lawyers in Canada and an acknowledgment of excellence voted on by peers.
- Far more positive Google reviews and recommendations from past clients than any other Employment and Labour Law Firm in Canada
- COVID-19 Vaccination: If We Eventually Find a Vaccine For COVID-19, Can My Employer Force Me To Get It?
- Dangers of Fixed Term Contract
- Benefits And Vacation Time During COVID-19
- Can a Request For More Medical Information in The Workplace be Regarded as Discrimination?
- Travel Restrictions: COVID-19 Update For Employees