If you have been sexually harassed at work, you should immediately meet with an employment lawyer to decide which course of action is most appropriate and what steps to take in order to advance your claim or complaint.
The Supreme Court of Canada defines sexual harassment as “unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that affects the work environment or leads to adverse job related consequences for the victims of the harassment…”
Sexual harassment encompasses a wide range of unwelcome conduct of a sexual or gender-related nature including, but not limited to:
- Verbal comments;
- Unreasonable solicitations; and
- Gestures or physical conduct
“Employees who are subject to sexual harassment have a variety of options available to them, including a human rights claim, a lawsuit or other statutory complaints.”
If you have been sexually harassed at work, or by a work colleague while off-duty you should immediately arrange to meet with one of our employment lawyers at Whitten & Lublin Employment & Labour Lawyers to decide which course of action is most appropriate and what steps to take in order to advance your claim or complaint.
Our lawyers have experience with pursuing and defending claims of sexual harassment and have restored reputations tarnished by allegations of harassment.
Read our employment law articles about Sexual Harassment for more information.
Don’t leave your sexual harassment case to chance. Consult with an employment lawyer with exceptional skills and experience at Whitten & Lublin Employment & Labour Lawyers. To book a consultation please contact us online or by phone at (416) 640-2667 today!
Why Clients Choose Us?
- Nationally recognized in 2020 & 2018 as one of Canada's Top 10 Employment & Labour Law Firms, by Canadian Lawyer Magazine
- Lawyers are recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Lexpert, which is the largest annual survey of leading lawyers in Canada and an acknowledgment of excellence voted on by peers.
- One of the most positively reviewed and recommend Employment and Labour Law Firm in Canada, based on Google reviews from past and present clients