Benjamin Hahn (Ben)
Ben Hahn pursues and defends workplace legal disputes, with an emphasis on dismissal and human rights matters.
Ben obtained his law degree in 2011 from the University of Toronto, Faculty of Law. Ben’s law school days were spent in equal parts training for the law courts and training on the squash courts where Ben was a mainstay of the Varsity Blues Squash Team. Thereafter, Ben worked as a litigator and workplace lawyer for 8 years, prior to joining Whitten & Lublin.
Ben provides responsive and knowledgeable representation that is within the reach of clients from all industries, backgrounds, and pay grades. He is always available to answer his client’s questions and doesn’t waste time with bravado in legal disputes. He has a passion for the reasoning involved in law and employs a thoughtful approach to legal matters. He recommends litigation strategies that are measured and powerful.
Ben Hahn enjoys reading and writing legal articles. His personal employment law website and blog (https://www.onlawadvice.com/) contains numerous articles, which Ben often tries to infuse with humour.
In winter, you will still find Ben at the hockey rink. Otherwise, he will be tackling some DIY hobby like teaching himself to build simple electronic circuits with programmed microcontrollers. His latest obsession is taking stereoscopic 3D photos of his sleeping newborn. Ben is a self-proclaimed Tetris savant. He will accept any challenge, head-to-head or high-score, on any platform. You will lose.
Ben has appeared in courthouses in Barrie, Brampton, Burlington, Guelph, Hamilton, Kitchener, Milton, Orangeville, Oshawa, Richmond Hill, St. Catherines, Toronto, and Welland. He has argued cases at all levels of court, including in Small Claims Court, Superior Court, Divisional Court, the Court of Appeal for Ontario, and before the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal.
Ben Hahn can be reached by email at Ben@whittenlublin.com or 416-640-2667.
SOME NOTABLE CASES ARGUED BY BEN
- North v. Metaswitch Networks Corporation, 2017 ONCA 790 (CanLII); (leading court of appeal case regarding employment agreements)
- Khashaba v. Procom Consultants Group Ltd., 2018 ONSC 7617 (CanLII);
- Sawah v. Warren, 2015 ONSC 5373 (CanLII);
- Sawah v. Warren, 2016 ONSC 5370 (CanLII);
- Halupa v. Sagemedica Inc., 2019 ONSC 7411 (CanLII)
BEN HANDLED MY CASE WITH CARE…
Ben handled my case with care and efficiency throughout the process. He always responded timely to my questions and provided sound advice. He skillfully safeguarded my best interests with his knowledge and experience, and made moves with tact and swiftness. I would highly recommend Ben’s service. — H.W.
I NEEDED A QUICK TURNAROUND…
I needed a quick turnaround regarding termination of a consulting agreement. Ben was able to meet my tight timeline and provide insightful advice. I will definitely use his services in the future. —A.S.
BEN WAS EXTREMELY HELPFUL…
When I recently had some issues with my employer, Ben was extremely helpful in explaining my rights so that I could then explain them to my employer. Once that was done (on a few different issues) things were settled without going to court and I am still working which was my goal.. Thanks Ben Hahn! —D.S.
Why Clients Choose Us?
- Nationally recognized in 2020 & 2018 as one of Canada's Top 10 Employment & Labour Law Firms, by Canadian Lawyer Magazine
- Lawyers are recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Lexpert, which is the largest annual survey of leading lawyers in Canada and an acknowledgment of excellence voted on by peers.
- One of the most positively reviewed and recommend Employment and Labour Law Firm in Canada, based on Google reviews from past and present clients