Daniel Chodos, Partner
Daniel Chodos never backs down from a fight – whether as a competitive athlete or a courtroom litigator. It is through this tenacious “will to win”, that Daniel pursues the interests of his clients.
An experienced employment lawyer, prior to joining Whitten & Lublin, Daniel worked at two of the most respected labour and employment law firms in Canada, where he advised both employees and employers in resolving, whether through litigation or mediation, the various types of disputes that arise within the employment relationship. In these roles, Daniel gained experience in drafting and negotiating employment and consulting agreements, representing employers in collective bargaining negotiations and arbitrations and he has developed particular expertise in workplace violence and harassment matters, including conducting workplace investigations.
Daniel has represented both employees and employers before numerous administrative tribunal hearings and in the courts, including the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Ontario Labour Relations Board and the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario.
Prior to starting his legal career, Daniel gained notoriety for his chronicles of the successes (and failures) of the Milwaukee Brewers baseball club.
Daniel’s legal successes include the following:
- Winning a case at the Court of Appeal largely upholding a court decision to award substantial damages to his client: Gadbois v. Newcom Business Media Inc., 2016
Persuading the Human Rights Tribunal to dismiss a case as an abuse of process: Rinaldi v. Paragon Security, 2017
- Winning a case regarding alleged discrimination based on disability: Macyshyn v. Ryerson University, 2012
- Winning a case regarding alleged discrimination based on age: Campbell v. Intercon Security Limited, 2014
- Persuading the Ontario Superior Court to declare his client’s non-competition agreement invalid and unenforceable: Ceridian Dayforce Corporation v. Daniel Wright, 2017
Daniel Chodos can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Clients Choose Us?
- Nationally recognized in 2020 & 2018 as one of Canada's Top 10 Employment & Labour Law Firms, by Canadian Lawyer Magazine
- Lawyers are recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Lexpert, which is the largest annual survey of leading lawyers in Canada and an acknowledgment of excellence voted on by peers.
- One of the most positively reviewed and recommend Employment and Labour Law Firm in Canada, based on Google reviews from past and present clients
“Coming from a family of accomplished lawyers I was critical in my search for a top firm to assist me with a termination matter. We were fortunate to find Whitten Lublin through a peer reference within the legal community. I had already retained another fairly well known employment firm initially but was encouraged to get a second opinion. Luckily I did. I was blessed to be connected with Daniel Chodos whom immediately established a level of trust, expertise and integrity that convinced me his counsel would ensure the best possible outcome in my best interests. Of importance, and sadly absent in some lawyers, was Daniel’s unbridled compassion, acknowledging and understanding the stresses and challenges of these situations, while still subtly nuancing the importance of the goals of the negotiation process. An effective communicator, always responding in a timely manner with a sense of urgency throughout the entire process. In my experience, his client centricity is unprecedented and not only deserves recognition but others would do well to emulate. I am not only an avid fan now, but will be ensuring all my employment contracts are reviewed by Daniel before I commit. Brilliant work Daniel!”