Daniel Chodos never backs down from a fight – whether as a competitive athlete or a courtroom litigator. It is through this tenacious “will to win”, that Daniel pursues the interests of his clients.
An experienced employment lawyer, prior to joining Whitten & Lublin, Daniel worked at two of the most respected labour and employment law firms in Canada, where he advised both employees and employers in resolving, whether through litigation or mediation, the various types of disputes that arise within the employment relationship. In these roles, Daniel gained experience in drafting and negotiating employment and consulting agreements, representing employers in collective bargaining negotiations and arbitrations and he has developed particular expertise in workplace violence and harassment matters, including conducting workplace investigations.
Daniel has represented both employees and employers before numerous administrative tribunal hearings and in the courts, including the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Ontario Labour Relations Board and the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario.
Prior to starting his legal career, Daniel gained notoriety for his chronicles of the successes (and failures) of the Milwaukee Brewers baseball club.
Daniel’s legal successes include the following:
- Winning a case at the Court of Appeal largely upholding a court decision to award substantial damages to his client: Gadbois v. Newcom Business Media Inc., 2016
- Persuading the Human Rights Tribunal to dismiss a case as an abuse of process: Rinaldi v. Paragon Security, 2017
- Winning a case regarding alleged discrimination based on disability: Macyshyn v. Ryerson University, 2012
- Winning a case regarding alleged discrimination based on age: Campbell v. Intercon Security Limited, 2014
- Persuading the Ontario Superior Court to declare his client’s non-competition agreement invalid and unenforceable: Ceridian Dayforce Corporation v. Daniel Wright, 2017
Daniel Chodos can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you need workplace legal advice?
Whitten & Lublin Employment and Labour Lawyers is a nationally recognized team, assisting employees in all aspects of workplace legal disputes. Don’t take a chance with your case. Consult the law firm with a team of proficient employment and labour law lawyers.