Simone has practiced employment and labour law since 2014. As a workplace lawyer and litigator at Whitten & Lublin, Simone assists employees and employers in all aspects of workplace law, including:
- Wrongful and constructive dismissal claims, harassment complaints, human rights and discrimination claims, labour union disputes, occupational health and safety laws, privacy matters, and social media issues.
- Simone also regularly advises employers regarding severance packages, employment contracts, workplace policies, workplace training, workplace investigations, and disability management.
Some of Simone’s diverse case experiences include:
- Yee v. Hudson’s Bay Company, 2021 ONSC 1651 (CanLII)
- Yee v Hudson’s Bay Company, 2021 ONSC 387 (CanLII)
- Lopez v. Norstar Windows and Doors Ltd., 2020 HRTO 497
- Decision No. 2179/19, 2019 ONWSIAT 2822
- Di Biase v. 1004904 Ontario Limited O/A Canada Pure Water Co. Ltd, 2019 HRTO 1005
- Bell v. Three Small Rooms Hair Salon Inc., 2019 HRTO 287
- Decision No. 2922/18, 2019 ONWSIAT 212
- Schleyer v. Caledon Ski Club, 2018 HRTO 1137
- Aziz v. Huronia Insurance Group,  O.J. No. 6532
- Raposo v. CA Canada Company, 2018 ONSC 4226
- Zigomanis v. 2156775 Ontario Inc. (D’Angelo Brands), 2018 ONCA 116
- Schnieder v. Keolis Grand River LP, 2017 HRTO 1267
- Downtown Kids Academy Inc. v. Zakrzewski, 2017 ONSC 5045
- Decision No. 1088/17, 2017 ONWSIAT 1442
- Adjey v Chickery, 2017 ONSC 794
- The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades, Local Union 1891 v. Sirro Brothers Cement Finish & Spray Ltd., 2016 CanLI76777 (ON LRB)
- Kilpatrick v. Ontario (Attorney General), 2016 HRTO 1142
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 120 v Armoclan Engineering Ltd., 2016 CanLII 8789 (ON LRB)
- Decision No. 354/15, 2015 ONWSIAT 773
- Operative Plasterers’ and Cement Masons’ International Association of the United States and Canada Union, Local 598 v Aurora Forming Inc., 2015 CanLII 9876 (ON LRB)
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Locals 303 v PCL Constructors Canada Inc., 2014 CanLII 55206 (ON LRB)
- International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Iron Ship Builders, Blacksmiths, Forgers and Helpers, Local 128 v Allerion Oilfield Services Inc, 2014 CanLII 49658 (ON LRB)
- International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 793 v H.B. White Canada Corp, 2014 CanLII 48969
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, Local 18 v 2342981 Ontario Inc (Swan Construction, Swan & Associates Inc), 2014 CanLII 18887 (ON LRB)
- Eastern Power Limited v Labourers’ International Union of North America, Local 1089, 2014 CanLII 6673 (ON LRB)
- A Group of Employees of Window City Industries Inc v United Brotherhood of Retail, Food, Industrial and Service Trades International Union, 2013 CanLII 68270 (ON LRB)
- “Union paying legal bills for teachers charged with crimes against students”, CBC News, December 28, 2019
- “Toronto company criticized for job ad saying ‘men are preferred’ for 25-pound lifting”, Globe & Mail, June 19, 2018
- “Former Domino’s Pizza driver awarded over $28K after the company broke labour laws”, CBC News, November 14, 2018
- “Ontario tables legislation to end five-week college faculty strike”, CTV News, November 16, 2017
Simone Ostrowski has argued cases at all levels of the courts in Ontario including the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Small Claims Court, the Ontario Labour Relations Board, the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal, and various matters in front of labour arbitrators. She has also made submissions to the Supreme Court of Canada.
Simone has appeared before several courts and tribunals, including the Ontario Court of Appeal, Superior Court, Ontario Labour Relations Board, Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, the Canada Human Rights Commission, and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal.
Simone has written several papers and presentations on employment law issues, including presenting at the Law Society’s 21st Annual Employment Law Summit in October 2020, the Ontario Bar Association’s Annual Update on Human Rights in May 2016, and various presentations for the Human Resources Professionals Association in Toronto.
Simone has a passion for writing and presenting on employment, labour, and human rights law topics. She has written various articles and appeared as a speaker on panels involving human rights law.
Simone Ostrowski can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you need workplace legal advice?
Whitten & Lublin Employment and Labour Lawyers is a nationally recognized team, assisting employees in all aspects of workplace legal disputes. Don’t take a chance with your case. Consult the law firm with a team of proficient employment and labour law lawyers.