Simone Ostrowski is a workplace lawyer who knows how to excel at her work. In 2013, Simone was awarded the prestigious Law Society Medal for Outstanding Achievement, which is reserved for only a small percentage of graduating students from each law school and she is a past Dean’s Honour List recipient, which recognized her grades as at the top of her class. Simone has also received awards in Human Rights law, a practice area where she has a particular interest – as it involves helping people at a time when they are in need.
Simone has practiced employment and labour law since 2014. As a workplace lawyer and litigator at Whitten & Lublin, Simone assists employees and employers in all aspects of workplace law, including:
- Wrongful and constructive dismissal claims, harassment complaints, human rights and discrimination claims, labour union disputes, occupational health and safety laws, privacy matters, and social media issues.
- Simone also regularly advises employers regarding severance packages, employment contracts, workplace policies, workplace training, workplace investigations, and disability management.
Some of Simone’s diverse case experiences include:
- Lopez v. Norstar Windows and Doors Ltd., 2020 HRTO 497
- Decision No. 2179/19, 2019 ONWSIAT 2822
- Di Biase v. 1004904 Ontario Limited O/A Canada Pure Water Co. Ltd, 2019 HRTO 1005
- CIBC Mellon Global Securities Services Company o/a CIBC Mellon, 2019 CanLII 51825 (ON LRB)
- Bell v. Three Small Rooms Hair Salon Inc., 2019 HRTO 287
- Decision No. 2922/18, 2019 ONWSIAT 212
- Schleyer v. Caledon Ski Club, 2018 HRTO 1137
- Aziz v. Huronia Insurance Group,  O.J. No. 6532
- Raposo v. CA Canada Company, 2018 ONSC 4226
- Zigomanis v. 2156775 Ontario Inc. (D’Angelo Brands), 2018 ONCA 116
- Schnieder v. Keolis Grand River LP, 2017 HRTO 1267
- Downtown Kids Academy Inc. v. Zakrzewski, 2017 ONSC 5045
- Decision No. 1088/17, 2017 ONWSIAT 1442
- Adjey v Chickery, 2017 ONSC 794
- The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades, Local Union 1891 v. Sirro Brothers Cement Finish & Spray Ltd., 2016 CanLI76777 (ON LRB)
- Kilpatrick v. Ontario (Attorney General), 2016 HRTO 1142
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 120 v Armoclan Engineering Ltd., 2016 CanLII 8789 (ON LRB)
- Decision No. 354/15, 2015 ONWSIAT 773
- Operative Plasterers’ and Cement Masons’ International Association of the United States and Canada Union, Local 598 v Aurora Forming Inc., 2015 CanLII 9876 (ON LRB)
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Locals 303 v PCL Constructors Canada Inc., 2014 CanLII 55206 (ON LRB)
- International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Iron Ship Builders, Blacksmiths, Forgers and Helpers, Local 128 v Allerion Oilfield Services Inc, 2014 CanLII 49658 (ON LRB)
- International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 793 v H.B. White Canada Corp, 2014 CanLII 48969
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, Local 18 v 2342981 Ontario Inc (Swan Construction, Swan & Associates Inc), 2014 CanLII 18887 (ON LRB)
- Eastern Power Limited v Labourers’ International Union of North America, Local 1089, 2014 CanLII 6673 (ON LRB)
- A Group of Employees of Window City Industries Inc v United Brotherhood of Retail, Food, Industrial and Service Trades International Union, 2013 CanLII 68270 (ON LRB)
- “Union paying legal bills for teachers charged with crimes against students”, CBC News, December 28, 2019
- “Toronto company criticized for job ad saying ‘men are preferred’ for 25-pound lifting”, Globe & Mail, June 19, 2018
- “Former Domino’s Pizza driver awarded over $28K after the company broke labour laws”, CBC News, November 14, 2018
- “Ontario tables legislation to end five-week college faculty strike”, CTV News, November 16, 2017
Simone Ostrowski has argued cases at all levels of the courts in Ontario including the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Small Claims Court, the Ontario Labour Relations Board, the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal, and various matters in front of labour arbitrators. She has also made submissions to the Supreme Court of Canada.
Simone has a passion for writing and presenting on employment, labour, and human rights law topics. She has written various articles and appeared as a speaker on panels involving human rights law.
Simone Ostrowski can be reached at email@example.com
Why Clients Choose Us?
- Nationally recognized in 2020 & 2018 as one of Canada's Top 10 Employment & Labour Law Firms, by Canadian Lawyer Magazine
- Lawyers are recognized as “Leading Practitioners” by Lexpert, which is the largest annual survey of leading lawyers in Canada and an acknowledgment of excellence voted on by peers.
- One of the most positively reviewed and recommend Employment and Labour Law Firm in Canada, based on Google reviews from past and present clients
“It’s not hard to see why the Whitten & Lublin team are the best in the business. I recently needed help and was recommended to this firm. I had the pleasure of dealing with Simone Ostrowski, nothing short of amazing!! From the beginning she was professional, caring, informative, answered all my questions as we progressed forward and she exceeded all of my expectations. She was able to work out a settlement that was way beyond what I was expecting!! Very happy!! I highly recommend using this firm, don’t waste your time with anyone else, contact Simone, you won’t be disappointed. Thanks again for everything.”